With more than 20 years of experience in industrial robotics, AGT’s team can tackle even the most challenging applications.
As a Fanuc certified integrator, AGT specialize in application for low-volume / high-mix, small-batch production environment.
In, 2010, AGT has made the acquisition of Orus, an automation integrator specialized in high-complexity and 3D machine vision applications. Three-dimensional vision is at the heart of the SelfLearning Technology.
By digitizing the part or the scene in 3D and then comparing it with the expected data, it is possible to modify the nominal robotic paths to match the actual part. The produced part can be, in many cases, quite different from the CAD (but still acceptable). That deformation may be due the process itself, or may be related to the fact that there are too many models to be teached manually or even offline.
Vision applications include:
- Process control
- Data acquisition
- Quality control
There are also multiple vision technologies that can be used in an automation project:
- 2D / 3D
- Laser Triangulation / Interferometry / Time-of-flight 3D
- Linescan / Areascan
- Xray / Infrared / UV
- and more…
- In movement / Static
- Camera mounted on robot / Fix position camera or arch
- Between two conveyors facing up
- and more…
With the proper precautions and enclosures, vision systems are very useful in industrial environment that can present many constraints:
- Operator interventions
- and more…
Over the years, AGT has developed great expertise in industrial software development. The software developed by AGT may include:
- Visual Studio C#, C++ for PC environment
- PLC grafcet and ladder development
- Robot controller routines
Moreover, AGT’s team of specialists can create equipment with many subsystems (robot, conveyor, rails, turning table, cameras, etc.) that will work together for greater efficiency.
“My products are similar, but NEVER exactly the same !”
Many manufacturers know that robotics can have great benefits on their production capacity and efficiency, but for many of them, the production context is the following:
- Low volume of production
- One-of-a-kind production
- No electronic drawings
- Custom parts
- Process requires a lot of knowledge or training
Most robotic and automation solutions will present a certain degree of flexibility. AGT’s SelfLearning Technology makes one-of-a-kind production possible ! What is it ? Robotic cell built with the SelfLearning Technology combining robotics, 3D scanners and powerful trajectory generation software into a simple, easy-to-use production cell where everything is automatic. The SelfLearning Technology is the ultimate solution in flexibility.
- No robot programming (not even offline programming !). Everytime the robot moves, it knows its environment and will move accordingly, avoiding all obstacles and performing the required task with precision.
- Can work from a CAD or from a parameters table. By working with the information included in the 3D model, no interpretation errors are possible.
- Can support a variety of processes. Cutting, Welding, Gouging, Grinding, Painting and Shot peening. Many processes can be used with this technology.